EASA PPL - 45 Hour Course
The Private Pilot Licence is the first stage of flight training for a modular student and lays the important foundations of flying and navigational skills that will be built upon for the rest of your flight training and the whole of your flying career.
There are no specific pre-entry requirements before commencing your PPL course. You may wish to consider a trial lesson prior to committing to the course just to check that you love flying as much as we do! This time is credited towards the hours requirement for the course and so won’t be wasted. You do not need a medical (Class 2) until you are ready to fly solo but we would recommend that you get one as soon as possible to highlight any issues sooner rather than later. For modular students intending on progressing to commercial training, we would advise getting a Class 1 medical as soon as possible.
- 35 hours dual training C152 @ £199/hr
- 10 hours solo flying C152 @ £159/hr
- Annual membership
- Joining fee
- Wycombe landing fees
- Ground briefings
- PPL Skills Test Fee (currently £190)
- Dual aircraft hire for test (currently £199/hr)
- Licence application fee (currently £185)
- Study materials and other flight equipment are required to be purchased separately, and are available from our on-site Transair Pilot Shop
- PPL/RT ground school & written exams - Groundschool £25/hr, written exam fee £25 each
- PPL Groundschool Package - £435 (inc. weekly tuition for all exams and written exam fees)
- RT Practical Exam (currently £100)
- Groundschool is delivered via three “mix and match” options of self-study, Computer Based Training and structured evening classes.
- Recommended to have an EASA Class 2 medical before starting
- Minimum age to start the course: 14 years
- Minimum age to fly solo: 16 years
- Minimum age for licence issue: 17 years
- 45 hours is the minimum PPL training requirement laid down by the Competent Authority. Our package is based on this requirement; any additional hours required to achieve test standard will be charged at our current rates.
- This course may also be completed on our Piper Warrior (PA28) aircraft where desired, please contact us for details.
- If the course is not completed within 12 months, membership renewal costs will be incurred.
- If you suffer from a medical condition that precludes you from obtaining an EASA Class 2 medical certificate we suggest that you take a look at our Light Aircraft Pilots Licence (LAPL) which has different medical requirements
- * Price includes 3% Saving. 3% saving terms - advance payments of £1000 or more will receive a 3% bonus account credit providing that your account is kept in credit
- Prices correct April 2015. Subject to change without notice. VAT included at 20%.
About Booker Aviation
Booker Aviation has gained its reputation over nearly fifty years as an efficient, friendly and professional flight training organisation.
We offer full modular flight training packages from Private Pilot Licences, through structured hours building, Commercial Pilot Licences, Multi-Engine Piston Ratings and Instrument Rating courses.