EASA Multi Engine Piston Class Rating
The multi-engine rating is designed to allow you to fly as Pilot in Command of twin-engined aircraft. At Booker Aviation we have two Diamond DA42 Twin Star aircraft with G1000 glass cockpits for this purpose. These modern technological aircraft are at the leading edge of light twins and will certainly be a pleasure to fly.
Before getting your multi-engine rating issued you are required to have 70 hours as pilot in command on single engine aircraft. At Booker Aviation, we would advise you having these hours prior to starting the multi-engine course as the experience gained during these hours will assist you in completion of the course in minimum hours. The Diamond DA42 Twin Star uses a G1000 glass cockpit. If you have had some experience using this equipment prior to the course it will make the transition much easier – we have the same system on our C172 aircraft and also have a computer training suite available to help you make the switch from analogue to glass.
- 6 hours dual training DA42 @ £410/hr
- 7 hours ground school & written exam
- Course notes & checklist
- Wycombe landing fees
- Ground briefings
- Skills Test fee (currently £190)
- Dual Aircraft hire for test (currently £410/hr)
- CAA fee to add the rating onto your licence (currently £89)
- Away landing fees (only if requested by the student, not a requirement)
- Student must have current membership in order to fly Booker Aviation aircraft (£160/yr)
Minimum Requirements for Rating Issue:
- 70 hours PIC
- Hold an EASA PPL(A) or CPL(A)
- A deposit of £250 is required on booking
- Course duration approx 1 week (full-time)
- 6 hours is the minimum MEPCR training requirement laid down by the Competent Authority. Our package is based on this requirement; any additional hours required to achieve test standard will be charged at our current rates.
- Flights are charged as airborne time plus 0.2hrs per flight
- * Price includes 3% Saving. 3% saving terms - advance payments of £1000 or more will receive a 3% bonus account credit providing that your account is kept in credit
- Prices correct, April 2015, subject to change without notice. VAT included at 20%.
About Booker Aviation
Booker Aviation has gained its reputation over nearly fifty years as an efficient, friendly and professional flight training organisation.
We offer full modular flight training packages from Private Pilot Licences, through structured hours building, Commercial Pilot Licences, Multi-Engine Piston Ratings and Instrument Rating courses.