EASA Single Engine Instrument Rating
This course is for students not wishing to complete their Instrument Rating in a multi-engined aircraft. You will be taught to operate in Class A airspace and fly the same procedures and approaches as in the MEIR.
The Instrument Rating course at Booker Aviation is the best example of the bespoke service we offer. Whilst the course minimum requirements are listed below, we will tailor your course to suit your own requirements. You may, for example, wish to do more of the course on the aircraft you will be completing your Skills Test in. We can discuss these options with you at the commencement of your course and we remain flexible as your course progresses so that you can alter your needs as appropriate.
If at a later date you wish to upgrade your SEIR to a MEIR we can assist you with this process.
- 20 hours dual training (FNPT1 Simulator) @ £130/hr
- 30 hours dual training (C172 G1000) @ £299/hr
- Wycombe landing fees
- Course notes & checklist
- Ground briefings
- 10 weeks Membership
- Course Completion Certificate
- Skills Test Fee (currently £785)
- Solo aircraft hire for test (currently £215/hr)
- CAA IR issue fee (currently £121)
- You should allow approx. £500 for approach and away landing fees. This is subject to the actual number and type of approaches flown
- Limited Panel Assessment with an IRE in the Piper Warrior (£100 fee + solo aircraft hire)
- The minimum duration of the course is instrument time under instruction as specified in CAP 804 Section 4 Part L Page 33. As such this can not include any taxing time in both the simulator and aircraft. It is likely that your course will incur an additional expense equivalent to an approximate duration of 3.0 hours for taxi time during the aircraft phase of training
- Hold an EASA PPL(A) (CPL holders see note below)
- 50hrs cross-country flight time as PIC (min 10hrs in aeroplanes)
- Passed the IR/ATPL theory exams.
Please note that if you hold a CPL(A) or are in receipt of a Course Completion Certificate for the Basic Instrument Flight Module you can follow a 40 hour course. Please contact us for details.
- A deposit of £250 is required on booking
- Course duration approx 10 weeks (full-time)
- Hourly flying rates are charged as airborne time plus 0.2hrs per flight
- 50 hours is the minimum SEIR training requirement laid down by the Competent Authority. Our package is based on this requirement; any additional hours required to achieve test standard will be charged at our current rates
- Candidates with insufficient experience on aircraft used for test may wish to carry out more of their training on the test aircraft. Please contact us for more details.
- Limited Panel Assessment must be completed prior to initial IR Skills Test
- * Price includes 3% saving. 3% saving terms - advance payments of £1000 or more will receive a 3% bonus account credit providing that your account is kept in credit.
- Prices correct, April 2014, subject to change without notice. VAT included at 20%
About Booker Aviation
Booker Aviation has gained its reputation over nearly fifty years as an efficient, friendly and professional flight training organisation.
We offer full modular flight training packages from Private Pilot Licences, through structured hours building, Commercial Pilot Licences, Multi-Engine Piston Ratings and Instrument Rating courses.